Join the MTEA Today
Membership in the Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association puts you in good company with nearly 5,000 teachers, paraprofessionals, safety assistants, nurses, social workers, speech pathologists, CHAs, LPNs, building service helpers, food service workers, and other professionals who make sure all children have the support, resources and guidance they need to learn and succeed.
MTEA gives members a strong voice to advocate for our students’ right to a quality public education, and input into administrative decisions that directly affect our students and our profession.
Click here for a Membership Form and dues information.
Click here for a Membership Form in Spanish.
Click here for a retiree membership form.
Click here for more information about the benefits of membership.
Click here to read about our 2018-19 MTEA Victories.
Benefits of Membership
Problem-solving and direct input at your school or department
- Building committee, Building Representatives and EA Chairs help resolve issues with administrators
- Propose & implement duty schedules with maximum planning time for educators
- Tailoring building-level professional development and meeting schedules based on member input
- Advocacy if unfairly evaluated
- School-based interview/hiring process
- Proper staffing in special needs classrooms and SAGE classrooms
Free continuing education at the Milwaukee Center for Teaching, Learning and Public Education
- All MTEA members have access to all of the Center’s professional development courses, workshops and services (most are free to members)
- Support for Educator Effectiveness/teacher evaluation
- License renewal: reduced-cost graduate classes for credit, national board certification teacher cohort
- Professional development by educators for educators
- Workshops and events for new educators
Advocacy and support for benefits when you need them
- Medical and professional leaves, including maternity, paternity and family leave
- Representation around wage issues
- Worker’s compensation
- Health insurance assistance
- Representation in discipline matters
- Retirement and financial planning
- Assistance with transfers and reassignment
- Help if assaulted on the job
- Support and training for new educators
- Support for licensing and evaluation
- PDP assistance and review
Be part of a professional association that protects our profession and lifts up public education
- Increased planning time through member organizing campaign
- Labor management committees on professional development, safety and discipline, special education, and others.
- Working in coalition with parents and community organizations to demand quality public education and fair funding
- Supporting legislation that strengthens public schools and fights privatization
- Insisting that the MPS school board and administration partner with educators through our professional association