Open Enrollment April 2-13, 2018 – Short-term Disability Insurance
MTEA members: Benefit available to MTEA Members through WEA Member Benefits
It helps protect your most important asset…your income.If something were to happen—an injury, illness, or maternity leave—that prevented you from working, how would you continue to provide for your family?
Disability insurance pays cash to help protect your assets and income when you are hurt or sick. You can use the cash benefit to pay out-of-pocket medical expenses, everyday living expenses including rent or mortgage payments, or however you see fit.
If you’re an MTEA member without disability insurance protection, it’s important to take action.
MTEA members can take advantage of a short-term disability policy exclusively available to through WEA Member Benefits. This policy is underwritten by AFLAC, provides income protection for members, and it’s affordable. Here are a few of the outstanding benefits of the new insurance:
- 6-month income protection: Receive a cash benefit to replace lost income if you become ill or injured and can’t work.
- 14 day elimination period: You do NOT need to use up all banked sick time before receiving a benefit.
- Partial disability benefit: If you go back to work on a limited basis (less than 80%), you can continue to receive some benefit.
- Local resource: MTEA members will have access to an insurance program representative located in the area to help with claims.
NEW! Accident Coverage now available to MTEA members
Accidents can happen any time and even with major medical insurance, there may be out-of-pocket expenses that you’ll have to pay. This affordable insurance pays cash benefits directly to you for uncovered costs associated with an accidental injury. Including costs such as ambulance transportation, emergency room services, follow-up treatments, or medical appliances like crutches or back brace.
This coverage also includes:
- Unlimited Claims
- Accidental-Death and –Dismemberment Benefit
- Wellness Benefit (covers preventive and diagnostic procedures like mammograms, eye exams, and blood screenings)
- No underwriting questions to answer
- Spouse and dependent child coverage available (Great for kids involved in sports)
- No additional ACH charge with Piedmont if you currently have an existing disability policy
For enrollment, claims processing, and customer service questions:
The product is offered to MTEA members exclusively through WEA Member Benefits. Coverage is underwritten by Continental American Insurance Company (CAIC), a proud member of the Aflac family of insurers. The plan has limitations and exclusions that may affect benefits payable. Refer to the plan for complete details, limitations, and exclusions.