Preparing for Retirement
If you are within 10 years of retirement, this free seminar can help you understand the different retirement planning solutions available and the implications of the decisions you will make as you approach retirement.
We will discuss:
- The sources of retirement income available to public school employees including Wisconsin Retirement System, Social Security, and personal savings.
- The various annuity options available from the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and Social Security issues.
- The retirement timeline (including eligibility dates and requirements for pension withdrawals, health insurance, etc.).
- Personal savings withdrawal issues and tax implications.
- Investment concepts and financial strategies.
- Common roadblocks to successful retirement planning.
- A pre-retirement checklist of important things to consider.
- Tools and solutions to help you achieve your retirement goals.
Please register for the date you would like to attend by clicking here. All sessions at held at the MTEA at 5pm. Spouses/partners welcome. Refreshments and sandwiches will be provided.
- Tuesday, October 10
- Thursday, November 9
- Tuesday, December 5
- Thursday, January 11