Preparing for Retirement (with City Of Milwaukee Pension emphasis for MEAA Members only)
If you are within 10 years of retirement, this free seminar can help you understand the different retirement planning solutions available and the implications of the decisions you will make as you approach retirement.
We will discuss:
- The sources of retirement income available to public school employees including Employee Retirement System (Milwaukee City Pension), Social Security, and personal savings.
- The various annuity options available from the Employee Retirement System (ERS) and Social Security issues.
- The retirement timeline (including eligibility dates and requirements for pension withdrawals, health insurance, etc.).
- Personal savings withdrawal issues and tax implications.
- Investment concepts and financial strategies.
- Common roadblocks to successful retirement planning.
- A pre-retirement checklist of important things to consider.
- •Tools and solutions to help you achieve your retirement goals.
Please register for the Thursday, December 14 by clicking here this session will be held at the MTEA at 5pm. Spouses/partners welcome. Refreshments and sandwiches will be provided. This session is for EAs only.