MTEA Leader Safety and Climate Forum with Superintendent Dr. Driver
All MTEA leaders and Building Committee members are encouraged to attend a special MTEA Leader Safety and Climate Forum with Superintendent Dr. Driver on Wed., April 26 at 4:30pm at the Washington Park Senior Center. Please register below.
At this meeting, MTEA representatives from each school can share suggestions on how the district can improve safety, discipline, and climate.
Possible topics of discussion include:
- Suggestions or ideas to improve safety, discipline, and climate challenges at your school
- Positive practices that are working well at your school that could be replicated in other schools
- Resources your school needs to promote positive school discipline practices
- Implications of your current school climate
- Any access or equity challenges students at your school face
- Strategies your school community would like to see implemented to improve school climate and discipline
- Any inequitable application of discipline that may be occurring at your school
- Your voice is vital for Dr. Driver to understand the views of educators from our buildings, the needs of our classrooms, and the safety of our students. MTEA members have a wealth of knowledge and ideas that would improve school climate. Our goal is to ensure every MPS student has an opportunity to receive a quality education in a safe and healthy school environment.
This meeting is open to all MTEA Building Committee members and Building Representatives. Members are encouraged to share suggestions with their building leaders prior to the meeting. Please register below.