- This event has passed.
Cancelled – Basics of Budgeting and Saving
September 19, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The Basics of Budgeting and Saving – Cancelled
This session will be held on Wednesday, September 19 from 5-6pm at the MTEA.
As Wisconsin public school employees adjust to reduced take home pay, having a written budget is more important than ever. A budget gives you control over your finances. It empowers you to set and reach financial goals, helps you manage day-to-day finances and prepare for the unexpected. A budget also gives you permission to spend and allows you to set the course for your financial future.
You will learn:
- The benefits of a written budget
- How to create a working budget
- To evaluate your income and read your pay stub
- How to categorize and reduce your expenses
- Tips for managing your debt
- Why saving for your future is necessary and possible even now.
This session has been cancelled.