NEA/MTEA MEMBER ORGANIZER – SUMMER POSITION
MTEA is seeking applicants for a temporary organizer position to help with membership recruitment, member leadership development, and building member activist structures at a sited based level. This position directly reports to the NEA staff assigned to the MTEA.
Member Organizer Job Qualifications:
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a dues paying member of MTEA, including teachers, EA’s, substitutes or bookkeepers.
- Community or school organizing experience a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- In possession of an insured vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Proven experience working with diverse communities.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit potential members to the MTEA.
- Organize and mobilize members.
- Attend regular meetings with MTEA and NEA staff to discuss progress and plan activities.
- Phone calls, one-on-one home visits, school visits, meetings, and other interaction with members and potential members.
- Enter data in a database on a daily or weekly basis.
- Report to NEA staff.
This is a 25 hour per week summer position with some scheduling flexibility, starting June 20, 2016.
Compensation: $600 a week.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and a letter of support from another MTEA member. Application materials must be received by Kathy Lehsten at the MTEA office by April 21, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. Email materials to email@example.com or mail to MTEA; 5130 W. Vliet Street; Milwaukee, WI 53208.
NEA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ENCOURAGES WOMEN, MINORITIES AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES TO APPLY.