Since the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in which 14 students and 3 educators were killed and 14 others were wounded, students and educators have been the most outspoken advocates for ensuring that all students have the support to learn, starting with school communities that are safe from gun violence.
Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association members are organizing a Saturday of art to fight for schools that are safe from gun violence. We choose our students, not guns.
The community is invited to join us and our students in making banners, posters, and other pieces in preparation for the Milwaukee March 24 “March for Our Lives – Milwaukee.”
CALL FOR IMAGES!
Art for the “March For Our Lives” march in Milwaukee
Students and educators from MPS are encouraged to submit designs for either the poster or the banners.
MTEA is sponsoring this one-day art build. The plan is to screen print 2,000 posters with the message: “Protect Students, Not Guns” and to paint banners with the slogan “Never Again.” Students and educators from MPS are encouraged to submit designs for either the poster or the banners.
Specifics for the screen-printed poster:
• Size: 12.5″ x 19″ (can be a horizontal or vertical composition)
• One-color design. (It can printed in any color but please submit a one-color design)
• Text should read: Protect Students, Not Guns
• Leave space in the lower right corner for the MTEA logo to be added.
• Things to consider: Bold designs, bold images, bold text are best read in a crowd and by the camera.
Specifics for the banners:
• Banner designs will be projected and painted.
• Text can be: Never Again or Protect Students Not Guns
• Banners will be horizontal compositions. Around 4′ tall by 8′ long.
• Banners will be painted so best if the design is 1-3 colors max.
Things to consider:
Bold designs, bold images, bold texts are best read in a crowd and by the camera.
Deadline for the art submissions: Wednesday, March 14th
by 6:00pm. Please email designs to firstname.lastname@example.org