We’re looking for MTEA member troublemakers to attend the biggest gathering of grassroots union activists in the nation! Join the Labor Notes Conference for a powerful weekend and choose from over 100 workshops on organizing tactics, beating apathy, and winning campaigns.
Workshops and meetings begin Friday, April 6, and end at 3pm Sunday, April 8. Hear speakers from the frontline of recent struggles, including:
• Puerto Rican teachers fighting to keep their schools open in the wake of Hurricane Maria
• Massachusetts Teachers Association President Barbara Madeloni on how her union is preparing for Janus
Click here to learn more about other highlights.
A limited number of discounted MTEA registration scholarships are available for MTEA members to help offset the conference costs.
Discounted Rate for MTEA Members Receiving Scholarships:
MTEA Teacher Unit Members – $50
MTEA Educational Assistants, Substitute, or Accountant/Bookkeeper Unit Members – $20
MTEA Member Scholarship Rates Include:
• Discounted Friday-Sunday Labor Notes Conference registration fee
• A shared hotel room (private rooms are available for members who would like to pay for the other half of the cost at $158.50)
• Conference light breakfasts and a Saturday night banquet
Transportation costs and food outside of the conference are not included in the MTEA scholarship rates. We ask that members selected who can pay more, consider making a larger contribution to help us send as many members as possible.
Apply today for an MTEA Labor Notes Conference Scholarship!
Application deadline is Thurs., Feb. 22.
Applications will be presented to the MTEA Labor Notes Scholarship Committee. The scholarships will be awarded based on your responses and date of your response. All scholarship recipients will be notified of the Committee’s decision by Mon., Feb. 26, 2018.