Donations Needed for the Sojourner Family Peace Center
MTEA-R and the MTEA have selected Sojourner Family Peace Center as our partner for the Winter 2016 Community Involvement project. Advocating for and protecting local families escaping violence in their homes, Sojourner Family Peace Center’s services are an integral part of creating a safer community for all. This winter, we ask all members of the MTEA and MTEA-R to donate in one or more of the following ways.
Donate items for Sojourner Grab ‘N Go Bags
- 1 toothbrush
- 1 3oz – 4oz tube of tooth paste
- 1 bar of ivory or dove soap
- 1 washcloth (white)
- 1 8oz – 10oz shampoo
- 1 8oz – 10oz conditioner
- 1 Beanie Baby or comparable-size soft doll
- 1 travel-sized Kleenex or tissues
- 3oz – 5oz deodorant
Many of the items above are available at Target or Walgreens in the cosmetics travel section. Members can either buy supplies or build complete Grab N’ Go Bags. Both supplies and completed Grab N’ Bags can be dropped off at the MTEA Office during regular business hours throughout December and January.
- Personal checks can be made payable to the Sojourner Foundation with “MTEA-R Support” noted on the Memo line. Donators who contribute and use the notation “MTEA-R Support” will NOT go on a solicitation list.Mail checks to:
619 W Walnut St
Milwaukee, WI 53212
- Donate with a credit or debit card online via the Sojourner Family Peace Center website:
- Go to familypeacecenter.org
- Click the “Donate” link at the top of the page
- Scroll down and click on the yellow “Donate” button
- On the donation page, click “Add special instructions to the seller” and type in “MTEA-R Support”
- Enter your card information and click the blue “Donate Now” button
Sojourner Holiday Wish List
On the Donations link click on Holiday Wish list for other items in critical need
Donations are tax deductible.
As a 501(c)3, all donations to the Sojourner Foundation are tax deductible. Click here for a tax donation receipt form you can complete for your records.