The fight continues against the public school takeover plan by Sen. Darling (R-River Hills) and Rep. Kooyenga (R-Brookfield). Although this proposal has now been passed as part of the Wisconsin state budget, MTEA and our community partners will fight each and every proposed school takeover, and we will continue to advocate for public community schools that welcome and serve all children. Here are some things that you can do to help:
- Sign this STOP THE TAKEOVER OF MPS petition.
- Like, share, and invite friends and family to like the following Facebook pages, where pertinent articles and action updates will be posted:
- Continue to educate others about the devastating effects that takeover zones have had on other places where they have been implemented.
- Share these flyers in English and Spanish with concerned parents, students, educators, and community members.
- Create a School Defense Committee at your school. Click here for more info in English and Spanish.